How we use your data
We, at ITBORN.NET care about your privacy. For this reason, we collect and use personal data only as it might be needed for us to deliver to you our world-class products, services and websites (our “Services”). Your personal data includes information as follows:
3. Telephone number;
4. Date of birth;
5. Email address;
6. Other data collected that could directly or indirectly identify you;
What information do we collect?
We collect information so that we can provide the best possible experience when you use our Services. What you consider personal data is collected directly from you when you:
1. create an account or purchase any of our Services;
2. request assistance from our customer support team;
3. complete contact forms or request newsletters or other information from us;
4. participate in contests and surveys, apply for a job, or otherwise participate in activities we promote that might require information about you;
We also collect additional information when delivering our Services to you. This is to ensure necessary and optimal performance. These methods of collection may not be as obvious to you, so we wanted to highlight and explain a bit more about what these might be (as they vary from time to time) and how they work:
1. Account related information is collected in association with your use of our Services, such as account number, purchases, when products renew or expire, information requests, and customer service requests and notes or details explaining what you asked for and how we responded;
2. Cookies and similar technologies on our websites allow us to track your browsing behaviour, links clicked, items purchased, your device type, and to collect various data, including analytics, about how you use and interact with our Services.
This allows us to provide you with more relevant product offerings, a better experience on our sites and mobile applications, and to collect, analyse and improve the performance of our Services.
3. Data about Usage of Services is automatically collected when you use and interact with our Services. The information includes specific data about your interactions with the features, content and links (including those of third-parties, such as social media plugins) contained within the Services, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data, information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and error data, and some of this data collected might be capable of and be used to approximate your location;
4. Supplemented Data may be received about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, in which case we may combine this data with information we already have about you so that we can update, expand and analyse the accuracy of our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us;
How we utilise information
We strongly believe in both minimising the data we collect and limiting its use and purpose to only that:
1. for which we have been given permission;
2. as necessary to deliver the Services you purchase or interact with;
3. as we might be required or permitted for legal compliance or other lawful purposes which may include:
Delivering, improving, updating and enhancing the Services we provide to you. We collect various information relating to your purchase, use and/or interactions with our Services. We utilise this information to:
* Improve and optimise the operation and performance of our Services;
* Diagnose problems with and identify any security risks, errors, or needed enhancements to the Services;
* Detect and prevent fraud and abuse of our Services and systems;
* Collecting aggregate statistics about use of the Services;
* Understand and analyse how you use our Services and what products and services are most relevant to you;
Often, much of the data collected is aggregated or statistical data about how individuals use our Services, and is not linked to any personal data, but to the extent it is itself personal data, or is linked or linkable to personal data, we treat it accordingly.
Sharing with trusted third parties
We may share your personal data with affiliated companies, with third parties with which we have partnered to allow you to integrate their services into our own Services, and with trusted third party service providers as necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, such as:
* Processing credit card payments;
* Serving advertisements;
* Conducting contests or surveys;
* Performing analysis of our Services and customers demographics;
* Communicating with you, such as by way email or survey delivery;
* Customer relationship management;
We only share your personal data as necessary for any third party to provide the services as requested or as needed on our behalf. These third parties (and any subcontractors) are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions and are prohibited from utilising, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than as they have been specifically contracted for (or without your consent).
Communicating with you
We may contact you directly or through a third party service provider regarding products or services you have signed up or purchased from us, such as necessary to deliver transactional or service related communications. We may also contact you with offers for additional services we think you will find valuable if you give us consent, or where allowed based upon legitimate interests. You do not need to provide consent as a condition to purchase our goods or services. These contacts may include:
* Text (SMS) messages;
* Telephone calls;
* Automated phone calls or text messages;
You may also update your subscription preferences with respect to receiving communications from us and/or our partners by signing into your account. If you make use of a service that allows you to import contacts, we will only use the contacts and any other personal information for the requested service. If you believe that anyone has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfer of personal data abroad
Compliance with legal, regulatory and law enforcement requests
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process to protect our property and rights or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of legal process.
We use multiple web analytics tools provided by service partners such as Google Analytics, to collect information about how you interact with our website or mobile applications, including what pages you visit, what site you visited prior to visiting our website, how much time you spend on each page, what operating system and web browser you use and network and IP information. We use the information provided by these tools to improve our Services. These tools place persistent cookies in your browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit our website. Each cookie cannot be used by anyone other than the service provider. The information collected from the cookie may be transmitted to and stored by these service partners on servers in a country other than the country in which you reside. Though information collected does not include personal data such as name, address, billing information, etc., the information collected is used and shared by these service providers in accordance with their individual privacy policies. You can control the technologies we use by managing your settings.
Targeted ads or interest-based offers may be presented to you based on your activities on our webpages, and other websites, and based on the products you currently own. These offers will display as varying product banners presented to you while browsing. We also partner with third parties to manage our advertising on our webpages and other websites. Our third party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about such activities in order to provide you with advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests, and to measure advertising effectiveness. If you wish to opt out of interest-based advertising you can email us at email@example.com
How you can access, update or delete your data
To easily access, view, update, delete or port your personal data (where available), or to update your subscription preferences, please sign into your Account. For further guidance you can contact us at Manage Account Client Area. If you make a request to delete your personal data and that data is necessary for the products or services you have purchased, the request will be honoured only to the extent it is no longer necessary for any Services purchased or required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual record keeping requirements.
How we secure, store and retain your data
We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal data we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored, including utilisation of encryption where appropriate. We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods:
* mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
* for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
* needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records; If you have any questions about the security or retention of your personal data, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Services are available for purchase only for those over the age of 18. Our Services are not targeted to, intended to be consumed by or designed to entice individuals under the age of 18. If you know of or have reason to believe anyone under the age of 18 has provided us with any personal data, please contact us.
Data Protection Authority
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) and believe we maintain your personal data subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct any questions or complaints to the Information Commissioner’s Office as follows: www.ico.org.uk Address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, United Kingdom
Phone: 0303 123 1113